Sunday, November 07, 2004

WORSHIP LEADER
I have the privilege this month of being CEFC's Sunday Service worship leader. My main responsibility is to read a passage of Scripture and say a prayer on behalf of the entire congregation. Here is an open look into some of the thoughts swirling through my head today, both before, during, and after my first Sunday as worship leader.


"Hmm... yeah, this suit looks good. And I have to wear a red tie -- you know, shows happiness.

Remember to lift up the mikes and stand up tall. No slouching.

There are 200 pairs of eyes staring at me. Why am I so nervous?

Remember to look up while reading.

Smile!

Should I read what I already wrote down for the prayer part, or just speak from the heart. Speaking from the heart is better. Nah, too nervous. Better go with what I wrote down already.

Speak slowly, and add some dramatic pauses.

Wait, stop thinking about all this. You are the WORSHIP leader. You should be worshipping, not worrying about all these stupid things.

Praise God."



Comments:
Amen to that! You're doing fine...keep worshipping and leading us to the Real Focus!

--JC
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]