Monday, November 01, 2004

WELCOME BACK!
I always hated when athletes (Michael Jordan for example) call it quits and then call off their retirement and return. My thoughts are, hey, if you say you're retired, you're retired.
But I'm going to be like Mike and return to Koinonia core and small group leading. I am definitely excited about the whole thing. But I have to laugh too.
See, this whole thing is all too familiar.
Six years ago, I was asked to assist in a small group in the newly formed Koinonia. I agreed only after being told I wouldn't have to do much except attend the meetings and help call group members. But a month in, the small group leader left and I was placed in charge of the small group. And that started off my 5 year run in Koi core and small group leading. And now, after things didn't work out in our current small group, I'm back at it again. But, like I said, I'm really happy about it and am confident God will use me to help encourage group members and to help foster an environment where we can all learn to be more Christ-like in our daily lives.
It should be good.

Comments:
Hi Victor, this is Mel. Random comment...has nothing to do with your entry, but just thought I'd like to mention this to you. My mom is seeing a PT over at Baldwin Kaiser (Annie). She said a good word: "Victor is a very responsible and conscientious worker. Kaiser is very lucky to have Victor as the PT." Encouraging huh?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]