Tuesday, November 02, 2004

THE LAKERS AFTER SHAQ
Today starts the new NBA season. And for the Lakers, it's the first day of the rest of their lives. No more Shaq. No more Phil. No more Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Rick Fox, Derek Fisher, etc. No more drama.
Now this is Kobe's team, for better or for worse. As I was reading the LA Times Magazine today about Kobe, I couldn't help but feel sad and angry at the same time. It's funny, but I get that same feeling when I see Britney Spears on the cover of magazines too: "You are soooo stupid!"
The Kobe story is a very sad story. And the way he brought down his image, his reputation, and his status over the last few years just goes to show that he was never the guy we all thought he was.
Does that make it hard for me to cheer for him? Definitely. But I am still a Lakers fan. It's going to be a conflicted season.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]