Tuesday, November 16, 2004

BUSY WEEKEND
What a fun, but busy, weekend we had!
Friday night started out with a bang in terms of getting a good Bible study going. Each group member was given one passage related to being a Christian at work. It worked out well because it made everybody dig a little deeper into the Word (including me). Afterwards, we spent some time hanging out with everybody at Jesse and Tammy's.
Saturday was spent mostly in class with the chiropractor and with some of my co-workers. And since we were already in Reseda, we just drove a little bit more to do some shopping at the Camarillo outlets. We didn't have enough time and as we were driving home, my thoughts were still with two caps from the Nike outlet that I wanted, but didn't have time to buy. But, I decided it was a good lesson in letting go. After all, I didn't really need them anyway.
We drove back in a lot of traffic, but still made it in time to have dinner with Karena's family. We were fortunate enough to have her dad cook his juicy porterhouse steaks. So good!
Sunday, of course, meant church and eating out for lunch. But this Sunday also included the membership meeting and counting the ballots for me, since I'm on the nominating committee.
Then, we left early to drive to Hacienda Heights to attend Jonathan's chamber music concert. It was a really impressive performance and I managed to hold my video camera up for the 23 minutes he played.
Afterward, it was a quick dash home before heading out with my co-workers to Chatsworth for sushi. After A LOT of sushi (yellowtail, salmon, eel, soft shell crab, and others) and two full cups of sake, I was done. We came home exhausted.
Then, at 5:45am, we were up and at 'em again.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]