Monday, October 18, 2004

WORKING TOGETHER
I'm not sure when it happened, but while I was working at UCLA, I suddenly realized that I had gotten close to many of my co-workers. It's odd for something like that to happen because I was always very private and very introverted while at work (except with my friend Mark, because we had already been friends for years). Anyway, after I moved on to Kaiser, I would go back and visit my UCLA co-workers and they'd treat me like a celebrity. It was amazing.
And now that I'm at Kaiser, I am again very private and introverted. But tonight, I realized that I somehow am again getting closer to my co-workers. Tonight, my co-worker turned on the Red Sox-Yankees game for me and kept it on and watched every single pitch with me (whenever we both had a chance between patients). And he even stayed an hour and a half after work just to watch with me. Finally, I told him he'd better go home. But it just shows that I've made some true friends and developed some strong bonds with some good people, even without trying. I'm amazed again ... and very happy about it.
I'm also happy because the Red Sox just won again, 5-4. =)
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]