Sunday, October 31, 2004

THE REDSKINS, THE ELECTION, AND HALLOWEEN
If you haven't, the NFL's Washington Redskins have correctly predicted the winner of the election since 1936. Basically, if the Redskins win, the incumbent wins the election. Well, the Redskins lost 28-14 today, so if you agree with that theory, I guess Kerry will win on Tuesday.
This election is shaping up to be the biggest one of my lifetime. It's bringing everybody out of their homes to the poles, getting people talking, and even brining Bin Laden out of hiding. Whatever happens on Tuesday (and hopefully a correct decision one way or another is made by Tuesday), the nation is almost evenly divided over the war, the economy, healthcare, Social Security, etc. I just hope this serves to keep the American people interested in politicsso their voice can be heard.
Today is Halloween. We weren't around last year so we really have no idea whether kids will come trick-o-treating here or not. But we bought some candy just in case. I guess I'll put my afro on when I answer the door. But if no kids show up (which might be a strong possibility), then I guess I'll have to put my afro away for yet another year. (And too bad too because I didn't get to wear my afro under my Red Sox cap this year to celebrate their championship!)
My last Halloween comment is this: I still love Michael Jackson's "Thriller", even after all these years (and all the trials and accusations).

Comments:
Yeah, Thriller rocks.

-Cindy
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]