Monday, October 11, 2004

THE PROGRESSIVE PARTY
I remember back in my days at UCLA when I was apart of this program called the Student Health Advocates, we used to occassionally have parties. One such party was called a "progressive party" where you would go from one person's room or apartment and drink, then another, then another. And so on and so forth. Along the way, you might pick up a few people or lose a few people, but for the most party, the group stays together. Now, for me, this constant drinking (not just at this party, but at all others) was a real moral dilemma for me, so I always abstained and didn't even have one sip. But that's another story.
Anyway, this "progressive party" idea came back to mind Sunday. After Sunday service, a bunch of us hung out outside to talk, like we always do. Then, the "party" continued in Sunday school, which is actually a lot of fun for me since we've been attending a marriage one. Then, the group moved to some Hawaiian food place called Ono Grill. There, the group picked up Tyrone, Jesse, Tammy, and Hubert. And finally, our last stop dwindled down to just the two of us with Jesse and Tammy at Fosselman's for ice cream.
It was a fun party, but it left me tired and ready for a Sunday afternoon nap.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]