Tuesday, October 05, 2004

MY FIRST PLAYOFF GAME
Thanks to Michael, Jason and I both got to experience our first baseball playoff game firsthand. It was amazing to feel the increased energy and excitement in the stands and on the field. It was even greater to look out at the sea of red in the stands and know that the fans support was there.
Since we sat about 10 rows from both bullpens, we kept joking about trying to rile up the relievers to get a chair thrown at us. Or since we were so close to left field, we joked about throwing a beer bottle at Manny Ramirez.
We were about literally five rows away from a homerun ball hit by Kevin Millar. And we were about 20-25 feet from a homerun hit by Troy Glaus.
Since I am both a Red Sox and an Angels fan, I brought both team's caps with me. I intended to alternate wearing the hats on my head every few innings. When I finally donned my Red Sox cap for the first time to start the 4th inning, the power proved too much, as the Red Sox scored 7 runs in the inning. I had no clue the cap was so powerful! I hope it stays that powerful if and when the Red Sox face the Yankees later in the playoffs.
As far as this series is concerned, I'm just happy one of these teams will advance to the ALCS and defeat the Evil Empire ... unless of course, the Twins beat them first!

Comments:
You spent your day off to attend a playoff game. Sweet. Well, I don't have work Friday and am going to the dentist. Even sweeter. Did I also mention I have Monday off? Thanks Chris for (supposedly) "discovering" America. Haven't been here in ages but noticed the guestbook was offed. About damn time. Later foolio.
 
damn you and your 4th inning red sox cap. you were the cause of my anguish as i watched the live online updates. you don't deserve your thunder sticks. did they give you thunder sticks? you should relinquish them to a real fan...like me. =) glad you had fun at the game.

so...was the red shirt on sunday for the angels or the red sox?

=) katrina
 
The Angels demand that you wear the Angels Cap the whole night.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]