Tuesday, September 07, 2004

THE WEEKEND IN REVIEW
After spending four days in San Luis Obispo with Karena's family, I have to say that I'm a sucker for nostalgia. For a while now (maybe as far back as high school), I've begun to look backward at my life as much as I've begun to look forward. And thist restful weekend was no different. In fact, many of the things I did were things I've did as a kid. Here's a quick list:
(1) Rode the swings (including trying to go as high as you could, playing "Frogger" by avoiding the swings, twisting the chains so that the swings spin you around)
(2) Played "Uno"
(3) Played "Speed" (or was it "Spit")
(4) Went swimming
(5) Played on the monkey bars
(6) Watched "The Karate Kid" and "Beverly Hills 90210"
(7) Stayed very close to an area I stayed with my family for Labor Day Weekend about 10 years ago.

I think the entire family had a great time. And I'm ready to take what I've gained from looking back ... and look ahead.

On a completely different topic, congratulations go out to my good friends Mark and Gina on the arrival of their new son Gabriel.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]