Wednesday, September 29, 2004

LIFE (PART II)
(Please note, VERY random thoughts ahead. But this is what's honesty circling around my head at this very moment. Please bear with me.)
So, at some point in your life, if you are unhappy, you're forced to do something to change that life: Get out of the job you hate. Break up with that significant other you've been dating for years. Change majors. Buy a new sports car in response to your mid-life crisis.
But at what point do you say, "Wait. I'm just out to please myself right now. " There has to be more to life than that. Maybe you're stuck in a situation you feel you can't get out of. And you jump at the chance of the first sign of daylight, like a bug will jump out of a can it's caught in the second the cover is removed.
None of these things are directly happening to me right now. But I'm undergoing an internal struggle trying to figure out human nature and what makes people happy in life and why people make certain decisions. And all this, while knowing that God and His unconditional love for us make our lives worth living.
But what about for the people who don't know Him? This is actually the main impetus for me to reach out to people. Obviously, I want God can use me to "save" people from eternal damnation. But also, I want them to know that this life isn't just random. And we're not just here to satisfy our temporary desires in an attempt to make us "happy." Life isn't easy, but it's possible to have joy, true joy, when God is in your life.
I just hope and pray that the ones I love (and the ones I don't too) know that, believe it, and live it.

Comments:
vic,

It's cool to see you thinking this way. A couple of books to look at :
"A Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel - This guy was a reporter and a lawyer and he became a Christian. I have an audio of him talking as part of the Biola Apologetics program. Great stuff.
"Let the Nations Be Glad" John Piper
oh and "Ragamuffin Gospel" by Brennan Manning
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]