Wednesday, September 08, 2004

LIFE AND DEATH
On the same day that we visit my friends Mark and Gina and see their newborn baby Gabriel, who is but 2 days old, I find out my grandmother is not doing very well at all.
On the same day that my parents tell me my grandmother has had many more seizures, I hold little Gabriel in my arms while he sleeps, yawns, and kicks.
On the same day when I watch Gabriel cry to get his diapers changed, I hear about how the nursing home nurses can no longer suction my grandmother properly because it is too think and breaking up the outer layer of her throat.
New life and near death on the same day.
It's hopeful and tragic at the same time.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]