Tuesday, September 14, 2004

GLENDALE TOWN CENTER
My family is still understandably quite emtional, but there are many plans to take care of and still regular business/work to be done, so we've all managed to do our part.
This day has left me feeling a little empty, a little depressed, and a little disoriented, sort of like I'm jet-lagged. But, like I said, we still had to carry on with our daily lives.
And so, Karena and I went to vote today, as a special election was held regarding the proposed construction of a new Glendale Town Center, similar to The Grove on Fairfax. This new outdoor center will include movie theaters, restaurants, and shops. But it will also include many road closures and will be built directly across the street from the Glendale Galleria. Plus, another issue is that the land is basically being given to the developer free of charge. Early exit polls show it's about 50-50, so we'll see. In fact, I think even our own household is 50-50 about it.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]