Sunday, September 19, 2004

FESTIVE
After attending class on Saturday night, we managed to make it in time to attend Reuel's birthday at the park. Not only was the food good (BBQ complete with hot dogs, tri-tip, and all the fixins for a kickin' burrito or quesadilla, but the turnout was great. That made for some really enjoyable company and a good game of football ... not to mention the pinata we had. It was great to get away from everything and enjoy some time with friends.
Afterwards, Karena and I were talking about how untraditional we are as Chinese people. I think that we're not supposed to attend any festive gatherings for a week after a family member passes away. And yet, we managed to attend to birthday gatherings in three days (my co-worker's birthday dinner was in Chinatown Thursday night).
But we should have been careful for what we were asking for because we arrived in Montebello to spend time with my family and ended up spending all night helping to fold that gold and silver paper into the shape of old-fashion money (it looks like a boat). And even though I was BY FAR the worst one at the folding, it was a really good time spent laughing and remiscing with my grandfather, my mom, my two aunts, my uncle, and Allison and Jonathan. The work might have been tough, but it is so rare for us to be together now that I really cherished the time.
And I think we got more than our fill of the traditional Chinese flavor.

Comments:
just a quick comment...are you sure you're from montebello?? or is glendale rubbing off on you? i'm just asking because you mentioned something about a CASAdilla. maybe you really are concerned about your HOUSE...but c'mon...everyone in the mtb knows it's spelled QUESAdilla because it's got CHEESE in it, and not houses. =p but on the real, i don't think you can claim that same montebello pride that you once did after this.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]