Thursday, August 05, 2004

THE WHOPPER CHALLENGE
Unexpectedly, the Whopper Challenge at work was moved up to Wednesday. And also unexpectedly, we added another challenger. So, at 12:15pm in our back office, the three of us sat down.
I had to down my Whopper, have an empty mouth, and a clean wrapper within 50 seconds. My co-worker Scott had to do the same within 55 seconds. My other co-worker Hector had to down a Double Whopper (yes, he IS nuts) within 1 minute. About 30 seconds into it, Hector started laughing and spit his burger out. We all started laughing, and that really got me annoyed because that cut into my time. At the 50 second mark, I had bitten off about 75% of the burger, but most of it was still in my mouth. With my cheeks protruding, I tried my best to chew quickly and swallow even more quickly, but to no avail.
Final time? One minute and 50 seconds. I did manage to beat the other two contestants, but that brought me no comfort. I was disappointed in my poor showing. But in my defense, I was very dehydrated (from a full morning's work) and wasn't allowed to dunk the buns into a cup of water a la Kobayashi, the hot dog eating champ. Had I at least been well-hydrated (and not started laughing), I surely could have shaved 20 seconds off my time. And after it was all said and done, I found myself owing two other co-workers lunch for not finishing in the time I so proudly boasted I could finish it in. But wait! What's this? Another challengewas put forth: Double or nothing.
What are you crazy?!?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]