Saturday, August 28, 2004

THOUGHTS FROM THE LAST FEW DAYS
1. I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers regarding my "no complaining" day this past Thursday. I will have to admit that I was definitely tested and they again overloaded me at work (this topic is very long and there's no time to discuss it in detail now). But I did my best to let it go, not complain, and to give it to God. Of course, with Karena trying to do it do, we didn't have much to say to each other after work! =)
2. I'm almost happy Team USA Basketball lost. This will hopefully teach them that playing as a team is more important than having superstar talent. (This is a lesson I hope the Lakers have learned too.)
3. I will really miss having Jason and Debbie and Dewey and Janet in Koinonia. It is NOT an exaggeration when I say that their service is what kept the group going and what helped to keep me going too. During rockier times in Koi's existence, it was God who used these four individuals (and Michael too) to literally carry the group out of near extinction. I've told them they are like the Abraham Lincolns of Koi because the group was folding, but they put it back together. I am so thankful for their years of service. Friday night Koi is getting a real face-lift, but it'll be good. As much as I will miss them, I know God is continuing to take the group somewhere good.
4. Katrina prepared the food for last night's Koi BBQ. And let me just say, the girl has got some gourmet skills! I've never eaten salmon on skewers or had glazed nectarines. But I sure did love 'em!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]