Thursday, August 19, 2004

QUICK THOUGHTS ON MUSIC AND SPORTS
1. I purchased the "Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits" CD this week. I have to say that those are some of the greatest songs of all time.
2. I also purchased the "Michael Jordan to the Max" DVD for a discounted price. Even though I'm a die-hard Lakers fan and hated when Jordan's Bulls beat us in 1991, I have to admit that Michael Jordan's basketball abilities were second to none. To me, he is the greatest NBA player of all time. It's just too bad he was stupid enough to come back out of retirement to play for the Washington Wizards and taint his image and legacy.
3. I'm disappointed the Angels just can't seem to get it together. This is their time to overtake the AL West lead, but they just don't seem to have the heart to do it. Sure, they've been bitten by the injury bug, but they still have the necessary talent. The AL West is going to come down to who chokes least.
4. USA Basketball sucks. They don't play as a team and have no heart. My favorite USA Olympic team right now? Women's softball. And I have to admit that Paul Hamm's rise from worst to first last night was truly amazing and one for the ages. By far, the great Olympic comeback I have ever seen.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]