Tuesday, August 24, 2004

QUICK THOUGHTS
1. If you're interested in fine dining at an affordable price and fighting hunger all at the same time, check out this site that Janet referred me to: www.ladineout.com. But it's only until Auguest 29, so act now!
2. I feel bad for American gymnast Paul Hamm (what's the deal with him pronouncing his last name like "Hom" anyway?). He now has a gold that he didn't really rightfully deserve and has endured much abuse from the fans in Athens (for getting a questionable higher score than Russian gymnast Alexei Nemov, who appeared to do much better). If I were Paul Hamm, I'd make things right by returning the gold, despite what America or my ego might say.
3. We had a great time seeing some of my old UCLA co-workers (from when I worked there before PT school in 1997). Mark's wife Gina is due in 3 weeks. How exciting! Anyway, the couple actually eloped back in January, but decided (at the urging of both sets of parents, I'm sure) to have a Chinese banquet to celebrate. But the funny part was I had no idea what to say to them before we left. Do you still say "Congratulations!" or "We're so happy for you?" I was really at a loss for words so I went with, "You've got youself a great girl" to the groom and "You look beautiful" to the bride. Good enough, right?
4. Congrats to the USA Women's Softball team who won the gold medal and outscored its opponents 51-1. Now why can't USA Men's basketball dominate like that?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]