Saturday, August 21, 2004

PRAISE HIM ANYWAY
I've mentioned that for the past three weeks or so, I've been rather disgruntled at work. And yet, while Karena and I pray on the way to work or before meals, I almost always say something like, "Thank You for Your many blessing and provisions."
Karena confronted me on the contradiction and asked me to explain how I could complain about work and then close my eyes and say, "Thanks for Your many blessings."
I couldn't answer her at the time, but Jesse mentioned something interesting last night in Koinonia that helped me answer the question.
He said he keeps himself in the habit of praising God, even when he doesn't necessarily feel like it at that moment in time. Maybe in the same way, I feel I should continue to thank God for blessing me, even though I'm not feeling it at that particular moment.
As an application point, Jesse and I agreed that we wouldn't complain about anything or anyone for 24 hour period. Mine will be on Thursday. Wish me luck.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]