Wednesday, August 18, 2004

MOUTHPIECE
One thing I've mentioned before and you might have noticed is that I walk with a slight limp. It stems from my back and my left hip. Sometimes, it's so bad, the limp is very noticeable. In fact, when I'm bringing the offering down to the front of the church, one thought that is always going through my head is, "Okay, tighten up your stomach (to support your back) and don't limp. Don't limp!"
But one of my co-workers says my pain also stems from my jaw. When your jaw is out of alignment, it affects sensors in your brain that keep you upright. Anyway, this can cause pain in your back and hip (which is exactly where I have pain).
In addition, Karena tells me that I grind my teeth when I sleep ... and when I get frustrated.
So, to counteract all these problems, I got a mouth guard that looks pretty cheap, but it definitely was not inexpensive ($55). But I have since seen it advertized in TIME magazine for $69.95 so I feel a little better about the $55 now. Anyway, I wear the mouth guard to sleep and it seems to help both problems thus far.
Except, of course, I often feel like Rocky getting ready to go back into the ring.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]