Saturday, August 07, 2004

LIFE ISN'T FAIR
I had two of the most miserable days at work this past Thursday and Friday. I don't want to get into all the details, but here's the short laundry list of what went wrong: (1) I got into major trouble with two of the senior therapists for booking patients in inappropriate times; (2) My patients were very upset with me that they couldn't get in to see me more often or that I was discharging them from PT; (3) I was constantly running behind schedule; (4) I felt mistreated and abused by other staff that made me work hard while they just relaxed; (5) I had the front desk people forget to tell me my patient was here, so I was more than a half hour late and had to stay overtime without pay just to treat my final patients.
As I write this, I realize that the laundry list is not as short as I wanted it to be. And I also realized that I'm good at playing the victim. That's something I'm definitely not proud of.
What's the point of this tirade? I guess it's to vent and say that life is not fair. But hey, I knew that already. And as a man, I should just suck it up and move on.
I felt beat up, exhausted, hurt, confused, angry, and embarassed all at the same time of the course of the last few days. Thank God for good conversations with random people (not necessarily about this topic) like my wife, my parents, Jason, Simon, Jesse, etc.
The bottom line? Everybody feels this way from time to time. And I'm no different. Yes, the world is not fair. Jesus died for sins he didn't commit and for a people who rebelled again him and shouted, "Crucify him!"
So, like I said, I should take comfort in that, deal with my issues, get over it, and move on.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]