Tuesday, August 17, 2004

DONATING BLOOD
Since the church was sponsoring a blood drive in conjunction with the American Red Cross, and since I hadn't donated in over a year, we decided to show up to church early to donate. And I am proud to say that we were #1 and #2 ... literally.
I have to admit that even though you get poked and proded, it was a great experience to share with Karena. Also, it was good to see so many others (like Katrina) also showing up early to donate. Plus, the incentives of snacks (I chose Cheez-Its and apple juice), free lunch at Wahoo's (fish tacos), and a pint of Baskin Robbin's ice cream was a real plus.
Somehow, a strange blood donation memory popped into my head as we were lying reclined donating blood. I flashed back to an old "Beverly Hills 90210" episode, where Dylan keeps telling his girlfriend Brenda that he has something special and romantic planned for Valentine's Day. But in the end, they end up holding hands while donating blood together. This made me want to reach out to grab Karena's hand, but she was too far and that were the arms we were using to donate.
So much for trying to be romantic.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]