Sunday, August 01, 2004

THE DODGERS' EXTREME MAKEOVER
I know reality makeover/plastic surgery shows are all the rage these days, but little did I know that the quick change mentality would take over my baseball team too.
The Dodgers made so many moves over the last few days, my head is still spinning. Gone are the heart and soul of the team in players like Paul LoDuca, Dave Roberts, and Guillermo Mota. In are people like unproven Brad Penny, 40-year old Steve Finley, and journeymen Brent Mayne and Hee-Sop Choi.
What are the first place Dodgers thinking? Why gut your entire team now? And why make sure risky moves when you're sitting pretty in first place?
Personally, I think owner Frank McCourt is trying to show up Angels owner Arte Moreno as payback for the last off-season when Moreno made McCourt look bad by making all the moves.
Still, I have to admit that Dodger GM Paul DePodesta has earned a certain amount of respect for his moves thus far (namely Jayson Werth), so I'm remaining cautiously hopeful.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]