Tuesday, July 20, 2004

WITNESS
There's something eerie about seeing a car accident happen on the freeway.  It always leaves a sick feeling in my stomach.  Today was no different. While getting onto the freeway, I looked in my side mirror as I was merging into the lane and noticed a car swerving rapidly.  I don't know how he started doing that, but he lost control and slammed into a Fed Ex truck.  The truck's front side looked as if it exploded into debris and parts as it slid all the way to the center divider.  The car took the ricochet hard and went all the way up the grassy incline on the side of the freeway before coming back down and hitting another car.  Now, the scariest part was if I were 5 seconds behind where I was, I could have been right in the thick of that mess.  But luckily, I wasn't.  I just hope everybody was okay.
But after witnessing that, my driving was terrible. I couldn't get the image of the crash out of my head.  That made me nervous and wanting to over-compensate while driving.



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]