Monday, July 05, 2004

(NOT SO) QUICK THOUGHTS
1. Last week, Richard said something that has resonated with us. In talking about tithing (a very difficult topic to give from the pulpit), he said we should view our jobs as the means in which we are able to tithe. That way, we take ownership of our work, have a greater sense of attachment with God, and don't get so burnt out by day to day tasks at work. That has really changed our perspective about work (we're big complainers about how stressful work is).
2. After church this week, we took Enoch's suggestion and sent to this place on Garvey (between Del Mar and San Gabriel) called Xin Bao. Anyway, it should be renamed $1.88 since they have wonton noodles for that price. And it's a good size too. Plus, if you order 5 dishes from the lunch special ($3.95), you get a free fish too! We ate like kings! Best $1.88 I ever spent!
3. I love '80s music. I found myself listening to that more than the mixes that other radio stations were playing this long weekend.
4. No Mike Kryzewski in Lakerland. Honeslty, I don't know how I feel about that either way. I think I'm overall happy about his decision because I was very wary about a college coach, albeit a successful one, taking over the NBA's biggest drama kings. Plus, this means Kobe won't get everything he wants, just because he's now calling the shots.
5. Eric Gagne blows a save, ending his 84 consecutive save streak. I can no longer say that the last time I was at Dodger Stadium was the last time he blew a save (Aug. 26, 2002). I guess it's safe to go back there again. =)
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]