Wednesday, July 21, 2004

COPS
I understand police officers and highway patrol officers serve a purpose in society.  Without them, there'd be anarchy on our streets and in our neighborhoods.  And for that, I thank them and appreciate them.
But what I can't stand most about them is when they use their power for evil. No, I'm not talking about the Rodney King issue or that other guy the cops recently beat up.  Instead, I'm talking about cops who purposely break traffic laws to speed on by.  Just this week alone, I've seen them turn their sirens on to go through a red light, cut across the double yellow line twice to avoid traffic, and speed on the freeway.  And the worst part?  They're probably doing it just because they know they can.
Today, we saw 6 Sheriff cars move freely in and out of the carpool lane repeatedly.  And each car only had one driver in it.  Karena kept looking at them and saying, "There's another $171 ticket and another ... and another."
It's not right.  If they are here to uphold the law, they should also abide by it.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]