Sunday, June 27, 2004

WINNERS AND LOSERS (PART II)
A few years back, I became really interested in Brain Types (aka Myers Briggs or Jung-Briggs) and how that related to my lack of confidence and fear of being a leader (as well as being unsuccessful at sports).
I bought a book called "Your Key to Sports Success" by Jonathan P. Niednagel. I was fascinated at how Brain Types were able to predict before the NFL draft that highly touted quarterback Peyton Manning was going to be a star and the other (Ryan Leaf) was going to be the biggest bust in NFL history. And that's exactly what happened.
Anyway, my brain type is somewhere between two. I'm sometimes an INFJ (introverted, intuitive, feeling, judging), described in the book as, "imaginative, conscientious, has concern for the needs and development of others, empathetic, enjoys enriching inner life." Some notable INFJs include Chris Dudley and Mark Eaton (read: nobodies). I'm also an INFP (introverted, intuitive, feeling, perceiving), described as, "appears calm, creative, avoids conflict, sensitive, aware of others' feelings, sacrificial, flexible). Other notable INFPs include Michael Jackson, Derek Jeter, Tiger Woods, and Mother Teresa.
The moral of this story: Half of the time, I've got the brain type of a nobody. And the other half, I could be kind, rich, famous, a leader, and a champion. Hmm ... how to do I get myself to be more of an INFP?
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]