Sunday, June 13, 2004

FIRST HAIRCUT
A haircut is a very special thing to me, mostly because my dad cut my hair up through college. It was one of the best father-son bonding experiences I've ever had. So, it was with great joy that I thought about the prospects of Karena cutting my hair after she bought me a hair cutting set for Christmas.
Of course, she had never cut hair ever before and was too nervous to do it ... until yesterday. She was very afraid to ruin my hair, but we both agreed that it turned out very well. And my hair is really complicated to cut too, especially because I'm balding and I have that bald spot in the back of my head where hair never grew. Needless to sasy, we were both pleasantly surprised with the results.
This first haircut got me thinking about the first time I cut hair: my own. I was in the third grade and had a night-time school choir performance to go to in about two hours. But I thought my hair was getting long so I grabbed a pair of scissors, headed to the bathroom sink, and started chopping away. By the time my dad found me, I had chopped off half my hair ... and not even close to even either. My dad had to do some major shaving and cutting just to make me look half-decent. So, there I was two hours later, in front of the whole school, parents, and family, with my now much less hair and more crooked rice-bowl haircut.
Good times.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]