Tuesday, May 11, 2004

TV'S COUPLES
With the last Friends airing last week, the on again-off again romance of Ross and Rachel is finally on again, and we can assume they live happily ever after. And I have to admit that I'm not the least bit surprised. There was no way they were going to end that show without those two getting together. After all, they're soulmates.
This got me thinking about other shows with either love triangles or on again-off again romances. Here's what I thought off, just off the top of my head:
The Wonder Years: Kevin Arnold does NOT end up with Winnie Cooper (I was unhappy with this one because it meant he didn't end up marrying his best friend. But it did make the show's storyline that much more realistic)
Dawson's Creek: Joey ends up with Pacey, not Dawson. (I was happy with this one because I was pulling for Pacey all along. The truth is that Joey and Dawson were childhood friends, but could never be lovers like Pacey and Joey.)
Cheers: Sam doens't end up with Diane or Rebecca. But he still considers himself lucky. (I agree. Besides, he's forever a bachelor).
Felicity: For the record, I only watched this show because Karena did. Felicity ends up with Ben, then they did these crazy "rewind" episodes where she goes back in time and ends up with Noel. Dumb. The WB should have just made up their mind one way or another.

The bottom line: TV is a fantasy world. Reality is still reality. Relationships, romances, and break-ups can be messy (even with your "soulmate"). Follow your heart and it'll be all good. After all, I did ... and ended up with the perfect girl for me.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]