Monday, May 17, 2004

THOUGHTS FROM A WEDDING
I missed Saturday night's Lakers game in favor of some family bonding at my cousin's wedding. Actually, he's my dad's cousin's son. I think Sandra said that makes him my cousin once removed. I'm not sure.
Anyway, it was good to see some faces in my extended family that I haven't seen in a while. Many have gotten older and they're no longer the way I remember them. In fact, the groom (Brian) was a guy I used to play Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega Genesis with and we used to make funny faces at each other and laugh ourselves to death. Now, he's a doctor and married and I'm a PT and married.
I find that now that I'm married, it's much harder to attend various family functions -- family vacations, family weddings, even just family dinners. I've missed spending time with my parents, my brother and sister, and Allison and Jonathan. But I guess this is the circle of life.
(Insert your bad Lion King joke here)
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]