Sunday, May 09, 2004

MOTHER'S DAY
First off, happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there, and especially to my mother, mother-in-law, and two grandmothers. (Wow, that's a lot of mothers in my life!)
To celebrate and show our appreciation, we took my mother out to City Walk last night along with my dad, Sandra and Gabe. As usual, City Walk was crowded and everybody (including hundreds of students from Alhambra High School for their prom) was dressed to impress. The biggest thing I noticed about the people there: It seemed like everybody was wearing a throwback jersey. Man, are those things popular now, or what? I had originally planned to wear my cheapy $20 Shaq jersey, but decided I should look a little better for my mom. And good thing too, because my jersey would have looked really cheap next to these teenagers sporting their $200 throwback Magic, Bird, and Jordan jerseys.
Anyway, we had to wait a long time for our table, and had some pretty bad service from our waitress, but the food and the dinner overall were excellent. It's always good to spend time with the family. And, as Michael would say, a creamy, cheesy sauce always goes a long way. =)
Tonight we had dinner in Chinatown with Karena's family. The place is a hole-in-the-wall, but the food is always excellent. I've been to Chinatown more times in the past year than I have in my entire life. And although I still feel more of a connection with Monterey Park, I'm starting to appreciate Chinatown more and more. If they could just do a better job with the parking situation . . .
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]