Monday, May 31, 2004

KOINONIA RETREAT
I really wasn't prepared mentally to go to a retreat. I felt like the day suddenly came and there we were, driving down to San Clemente. Because we had prior commitments, we arrived late and although we were there physically for half of the first speaker session, we weren't able to really pay attention.
But the weekend turned out for the best when Matt Soeter, our speaker, began having us document major life events on post-its. Then, he had us change our bad/difficult/painful life events into pink post-its. We also had post-its for lessons learned during that time and subtitles for certain chapters of our lives. That really helped pave the way for learning about what I value in life and the vision God has for me. I honestly believe you can't truly see where you're going unless you know where you've been.
I was also amazed to hear the stories of other people in my small group. It's amazing how they overcame trials and adversity of all kinds (and are continuing to do so) for God's ultimate glory.
Finally, the phrase that kept tuggling at my heart was: "Lord, have you way in me." It's not always easy fo rme to pray that, but I've learned I can take comfort knowing that Romans 8:28 holds true.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]