Thursday, April 08, 2004

JUST BE YOURSELF
One thing I really admire about my wife is she is the same person no matter who she is with: her parents, her church friends, her co-workers, strangers she meets on the street. As for me, I tend to be a changer. I'm very quiet and introverted at work, much louder and extroverted at church, and generally pretty lazy at home. I used to think this was a good thing because I tried to identify with the people I was with and adapt to them. For example, if I'm hanging out with teenagers, I'll listen to hip-hop and talk about the internet or popular TV shows. If I'm with adults, I'll listen to adult contemporary music and talk about world issues. But now, I'm beginning to think this isn't such a good thing. Instead of accenting a certain part of my life to meet people where they are, I am watering down myself. And I'm not standing up for what I believe in.
The bottom line? I should just be myself . . . all the time.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]