Wednesday, March 03, 2004

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
While Karena and I were at home on our day off doing our taxes, the doorbell rang. We were pretty surprised since nobody ever visits us unannounced, especially on a Tuesday. When I opened the door, a middle-aged man with a plastic bag in one hand and a lit cigarette in the other asked me if he could pick some kumquats from our tree.
I was shocked that anybody would even ask that, but I relunctantly said yes since I didn't want to say no and have him just come back later and take some without looking. Or worse yet, do something bad to our house out of spite. Later, while he was leaving, we noticed that he drove away. This was not just a man who was walking by and noticed our tree. He purposely planned to get these kumquats. Well, at least he asked. But we think that he's been her many times before and has taken other fruit without asking because we notice fruit is taken from our trees all the time.
That's why we've since put "Private Property" signs up. But this left me feeling very "un-Christian." What would you have done?
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]