Saturday, March 13, 2004

QUESTION OF THE DAY
One of my co-workers was going around asking people what they would do if they won the lottery. Would you still work?
He thought there's no chance he would ever work again as a PT and instead would start up a business with some friends. So, even if it tanks, he would have at least had a good time doing it and would still be financially sound. As for me, I told him I'd probably work two days a week just to keep be sane and somewhat on a regular schedule. But it wouldn't be too much that I'd be over-burdened with it. (As I mentioned before, I'm a little disheartened about PT and the amount of time, effort, and money we've put into it and how surprisingly little respect and $$, albeit decent, we get back in return.)
But the biggest shocker was another co-worker who said he'd continue working 40 hours a week! He said he'd invest that money and keep his same schedule. The guy who originallyl asked the question was appalled. Why would anyone do that? Maybe he's not as disheartened about the job as we are.
Whatever the case may be, this begs the question, what would you do if you won the lottery.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]