Sunday, March 21, 2004

HOME
It's more than just a place to lay your head or put your hat down. It's your castle. It's your place of sanctuary. It's as place of rest and restoration.
Gary once described home by saying, "You can't call a place home unless you're comfortable in the bathroom."
With all these thoughts on home, I have been exploring my own feelings about our home. I have to admit that when I think about the home I grew up in, it brings up many fond memories. From the days where I got my head stuck in between the banister until the very last night I slept there, it's been all those things mentioned above.
But now, my new home is all those things, but just a little less. When I think of home now, I think not just of those things, but also all the work that needs to get done: cleaning, fixing broken things, gardening, etc. Yes, our home is still a place of rest for me, but it's also laundry, mopping, pulling weeds, paying bills.
Maybe my parents were just too easy on me while I lived there.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]