Thursday, March 25, 2004

HMO FRUSTRATIONS
Now that I'm working for Kaiser, I'm forced to have Kaiser insurance. And for now while we're young, I think Karena and I are okay with that. But we're already having serious conversations about switching later on down the road when we're older because we've seen firsthand how bad it can be.
On a related topic, we both have been frustrated during our respective optometry appointments. Karena never got a phone call back from her doctor and had to literally walk into the clinic herself to speak to the doctor face to face (actually his nurse because face time with the doctor is virtually non-existent). And I have to go back to the clinic again this Tuesday before they'll even order my contacts, just so they can make sure they fit me properly ... even though I've been wearing contacts for 6 years now.
And having Kaiser means I'm also now part of a dental HMO. I went last week for the first time and they didn't even do a cleaning! All they did was take my X-rays, tell me I have some cavities, and that the fillings for them will be mega bucks! My appointment for the fillings is in one month and the one for a general cleaning (yes, they made me make two separate appointments) isn't for another two months!
HMOs suck.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]