Tuesday, March 09, 2004

CEFC 40th ANNIVERSARY
This past Sunday, we had joint service to celebrate our church's 40th anniversary. I really wasn't excited about this at all because it seemed a little like a ploy to celebrate in the midst of some hardship. And after looking through the bulletin, I jokingly mentioned that the church's timeline had all this good stuff in the beginning and the last five years and almost none (except being debt-free).
But after I saw so many old faces (including Paul and Diana Lo and family and Rebekah Wan and family and others), I couldn't help but reminisce. Forty years is a long time for a church to exist. And it was amazing to see some of the ministries we've been involved with over the years.
And yes, the joint worship might have been long and boring at times, it was still good to gather as one family to celebrate. Somehow, just seeing people who shaped my life as an adolescent, a teenager, and now as a man gathered in one place truly made the day special.
God has generously blessed CEFC and I should just get over my cynicism.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]