Sunday, February 29, 2004

LEAVING MESSAGES
If you've ever had the misfortune of hearing a message I've left for you on your voice mail or answering machine, then you know what I'm talking about. I am probably the worst person ever at leaving messages. I do eventually get my point across, but I always seem to add too much filler. I babble. I talk WAY TOO MUCH! So, I apologize to all those people out there who have heard too much of me saying things like, "Umm ... well, yeah. Call me back" or "Sooooo..... I'll talk to you soon."
I've decided that the reason behind this is that I rarely ever call people (it's bad, I know. I'm working on it). And when I do, I want to convey to these people just how much they mean to me that I feel like I need to say more than just "call me back." I need a flowery introduction with some pleasantries before getting into the meat of the message. And of course, I have to end with a nice ending to leave them with that good feeling.
Maybe I'm just over-analyzing and should just say what I have to say and leave it at that.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]