Wednesday, February 11, 2004

HAWAII RECAP
Here's the short version:
1. Maui shows the eye colors that you just can't see anywhere else on earth. The blues are bluer, the greens are greener, etc.
2. While in the rain forest area of Maui on the road to Hana, it rained. But it didn't stop us from hiking and seeing some beautiful waterfalls.
3. We woke up at 2am to watch the sunrise from the summit of Maui. It was cold, but it was a priceless pre-Valentine's Day moment for me and Karena.
4. The only thing worse than airplane bathrooms is port-a-potties.
5. Snorkeling was fun, but Hawaii has fewer of the same fish that are in Tahiti.
6. Movies on the plane: Jack Black's "School of Rock" and The Rock's "The Rundown."
7. Kalua Pork: Good!
8. Spending time with the family is getting more and more rare. So, that made me doubly thankful for the opportunity and privilege to spend this time with my wife, my parents, my sister and brother-in-law, my brother and his girlfriend, and my grandfather and uncle. Truly priceless.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]