Saturday, February 21, 2004

DEBRIEFING
One of my favorite things about Danette is how she always needs to debrief after attending a meeting, retreat, or an event. And that is exactly what Karena and I did while driving home after WCC Sunday night.
We were both captivated by different aspects. For me, I was moved by the question, "What does God get?" WDGG is the question I'll be asking myself everytime I do anything in life. Is He getting the Glory or am I trying to steal the glory? As for Karena, she was very interested in a section of our handbook discussing fasting. And as a result, my partner will now partner with me in doing the 30 Hour Famine beginning this Friday. This will not only help us raise money for improverished people throughout the world, but will also be a time for us to devote to re-focusing our lives, praying, and relying on God's power and mercy both as individuals and as a married couple.
In addition, we decided we'd both give us something during Lent. For me, I've chosen to only watch TV for an hour a day (thanks to Nathan and Jesse). For some of you, that still sounds like a lot. But trust me, it's a major sacrifice for me.
All these aspects will challenge us and make our faith grow.

[Future blogs will discuss Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ" and the Evil Empire's new addition in Alex Rodriguez.]
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]