Saturday, January 10, 2004

THE TIE THAT BINDS
Some of the PTs at work wear ties. For me, there's no way I would wear them because they make me hot and they would get in the way of doing PT things. But for church, I've worn ties on Sundays ever since college. I think I started because I thought that I'd command more respect from the adults if I did. Besides, I thought it would be a better look for me.
And apparently, the more respect part is true because there are studies that showed that doctors who wore ties were considered better doctors than those who didn't, even though they said and did the same things.
That's still not enough to convince me to wear a tie to work. But I will still relish those Sundays at church where I can be decked out, looking my best, and commanding some respect.
Look your best, be your best.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]