Tuesday, January 06, 2004

SNOWBOARDING AND SNOWBORING
Karena and Nathan went snowboarding at Bear Mountain. They were both pretty excited. Karena practiced carving and Nathan honed his already vastly improved skills (thanks to Canada). And I served as chauffeur (hmmm, that would be a good word for the spelling game). But I didn't mind because the company was good.
So, while they were doing their version of real life SSX, I sat there with my newspaper and some magazines. I did some people watching, but that got old. I mean, you can only see people eat it on the slopes so many times before it gets redundant. I took a stroll by the First Aid area for old time sake -- I spent many hours there after blowing out my knee two years ago. While I was there, I saw a kid get a sling for his newly broken left arm. He was much tougher than I was when I was in there.
Finally, as the weather got colder, I retreated to my car and watched so many people get ready for the snow by getting dressed by their huge trucks with the music blasting (always hard rock or rap). It was such a cool look. And here I was in my old Nikes, blue jeans, and my Lakers beanie trying to cover up my messy, balding hairstyle. I'll never have that look, or have that feel of going down the mountain (even if it was just the falling leaf) with the wind in your hair.
Do I miss it? Yeah, but you know, for me, snowboarding is just not worth it. I'd rather sit around being bored than suffer another injury.
Now, basketball on the other hand ... =)
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]