Friday, January 30, 2004

REINVENTING MYSELF
I think it's safe to say that I am undergoing the process of reinventing myself. I was watching this thing while I was at the gym about how Cyndi Lauper is back with a new CD that has shown her true vocal abilities minus all that hair and color she over-exhibited in the '80s. They called it: Reinventing Cyndi Lauper. But as far as I was concerned, I knew there was way more to her than "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." Just listen to "Time After Time."
Anyway, that was a major tangent. The point is that I feel like I'm also undergoing a reinvention. For the past 5 years, I would say I was growing into the dependable, church leadership person who would have probably gone on to deeper church ministry or even deeper service (aka on the Board if I was eleected.) I would have had time for friends at any and all times and been holding down a steady job at UCLA.
Times have changed. I'm not a UCLA. I feel badly about not having enough time for family and friends. And I don't quite know yet where God wants me in terms of ministry, but it doens't seem like it's on any committees (and especially not the Board).
I'm still under construction and I can't honestly say I know what I'll look like when I'm finished. But I know that He who began a good work in me will see it through to completion.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]