Saturday, January 17, 2004

QUICK THOUGHTS
1. We saw Jimmy Kimmel at the Burbank Costco. I guess he's not toorich and famous because there he was, like all the rest of us, eating the free samples and gathering some boxes to put into his cart. So, I had the dilemma of whether I should go up to him or just let it go. I opted to let him go. And I think I was the only person who recognized him (he was wearing plain clothes and a hat).
2. After watching the mob of people go crazy for Michael Jackson's "Caravan of Love" yesterday, I'm convinced of one thing: some people are really foolish. The man is accused of a heinous crime and people basically hold a pep rally for him. Kobe Bryant gets accused of rape and his jerseys fly off the shelves like never before. Yes, "Thriller" is a great album. And yes, Kobe is the greatest all-around player in the game (well, except when he has to play with one arm). But do they need this? As their loyal fans, we should support them and pray for them, not gush over them and make them even more larger than life.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]