Wednesday, January 28, 2004

FRIENDS
For as long as I can remember, I've always tried to be knowledgeable about cutting-edge entertainment, even if I wasn't such a fan of it. There's a lot of music, movies, television shows that aren't necessarily popular, but are critically acclaimed and considered "artistic." And that's exactly the stuff that I would usually force myself to read about or watch or listen to just so I could keep up and "stay hip." I think about Michael and Cindy and all the cool stuff they're into. Or even Jason with all his movies and music (except for Charlotte Church).
But the older I get, the more I realize that all that "hip" stuff just isn't for me. I don't see many independent movies, listen to underground bands, or watch many critically acclaimed cable shows.
This truth hit me when I was sitting in front of my computer the other day and suddenly had the urge to vote for my 6 favorite Friends episodes. Why did I do this? For some reason or another, I love the show, even though the quality has fallen off considerably in recent years. I love what's popular. And that's okay with me.
By the way, my top choice was "The One With the Prom Video," especially when Monica says, "Hey, the camera adds ten pounds." And Chandler replies, "Well, how many cameras are actually on you?
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]