Saturday, December 20, 2003

PERVERSION
In our church bulletin, our interim senior pastor gets a blank slate every week in which he fills with words of encouragment, biblical truths, pespective on today's world, etc. But the one he wrote on December 7th has been a hot topic in our household, even two weeks later. Please share with us your thoughts by writing on the guestbook. Thanks.

Perversion (with an apology to Psalms 23)
The church is my shepherd. I shall not think.
It makes me stay in the best company.
It leads me in programs bright.
It leads me in the paths of tradition for its namesake.
Yes, though I wade through the valley of restructuring, I have no growth.
But it stays with me. Its words and its staff, they confuse me.
It prepares a budget before me in the presence of my rivals.
It fills my head with figures, my schedule runs over.
Surely mailings and reports shall follow me all the days of my life.
And I shall dwell in the clutches of the church forever.

- Hoover Wong

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]