Wednesday, December 31, 2003

NEW YEAR'S EVE
This day used to have real meaning for me. I used to be fanatical about New Year's Eve. I used to spend the countdown time not watching Dick Clark or waiting to kiss a girl. Instead, I would pray to God so that my last words of the year and first words of the next year would be directed to God. And I would be walk around the house at night before going to bed and say, "This is the last time I'm going to see this room this year." Stupid, I know, but that's what I did. And even stupider (if that's even a word) was that I'd make sure I listed to a good song to end the year and to begin the year. The last song I heard in 1989? Debbie Gibson's Lost in Your Eyes. First song of 1990? Paula Abdul's Staight Up. Why do I remember these things more than 10 years later? Who knows. Like I said, I'm fantatical about this day.
Happy New Year!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]