Tuesday, December 16, 2003

MOURNING INTO DANCING
One of the NBA's all-time greatest centers was Alonzo Mourning. Now, before you dismiss this as "just a sports story," I encourage you to read on.
'Zo, as he was nicknamed, has muscles the size of Texas. You could study anatomy off him. And he was always a fierce competitor on the court, and a gentle, giving soul off it. But because of all the physical abuse he endured while playing basketball, he was forced to take many anti-inflammatories over the years. And this led to him contracting a kidney disease that requiring him to retire from the NBA recently and prepare for a necessary kidney transplant.
So, I couldn't help myself. I sent him the words to one of our all-time favorite church songs about hope and joy in the midst of despair:

He's turned my mourning into dancing again
He's lifted my sorrows;
I can't stay silent,
I must sing for His joy has come.

When there was once only hurt, He gave His healing hand;
Where there once was only pain, He brought comfort like a friend.
I feel the sweetness of His love piercing my darkness;
I see the bright and morning sun as it ushers in His joyful gladness.

He's turned my mourning into dancing again, He's lifted my sorrows;
I can't stay silent, I must sing for His joy has come.

You've turned my mourning into dancing again, You've lifted my sorrows;
I can't stay silent, I must sing for Your joy has come.

BRIDGE:
Your anger lasts for a moment in time,
But Your favor is here and will be on me
For all my lifetime.


Hey 'Zo, our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]