Thursday, December 18, 2003

CHRISTMAS SONGS
Every year, one Christmas songs seems to stick out in my mind. And I deem that song "The Christmas song for this year." It's not really much of a distinction, but it's amazing to me that every year there is always one song that gets played over and over or hits me in a certain way like I'm hearing it for the first time. Here is some random thougths and Christmas song trivia for me personally.
1. I haven't even heard Wham's "Last Christmas" or "Christmas Wrapping" by the Waitresses yet.
2. This year's Christmas song: "Grown up Christmas List" sung by many, including Amy Grant, Celine Dion, Kelly Clarkson to name a few.
3. The most inspiration Christmas song moment for me was last Friday. After hearing the "barking dogs" version of Silent Night, it bothered me like crazy. Even while leading worship in Koi, it still hurt me to think about how those dogs ruined that song. So, on the spur of the moment, I felt it was right to sing Silent Night acapella. So, we did. It was a touching moment, and I believe God was glorified.
4. One of my most favorite Christmas songs and I don't know why: Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You."
5. Most hated Christmas song: "Santa Baby." Yuck!
6. I love Christmas time because it is the only time when my parents blast music in the house centered around Christ.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]