Wednesday, November 05, 2003

TALKING WITH MY COUSIN JOYCE
It was so great to hear the exciting news that Mike and Joyce have closed escrow and have moved into their new home.
It was even better that upon hearing the news, I did not hesitate to pick up the phone and give her a call. I had really chatted with her in a while and it was great to catch up, share marriage stories, and to talk about the ups and down of life (my favorite topic and the backbone of what this entire site is all about). Anyway, the tone in her voice was definitely somber as she shared she knew people who were directly affected by the San Diego fires. But what a great reminder she gave me when she said how fleeting the physical things of this world are.
When I think back to the days when I used to try to sit on her head underwater in the swimming pool until now, I think we've both done a lot of growing up and maturing. She's an amazing woman and I am proud to say that she is my cousin. And even though she's now a Young (which I am very happy about), she still is and will always be a Shen.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]